Well, I cannot say that this will be an unmemorable weekend. It has come to my attention through several means that my time in Aggieland is not to be an unending ride to oblivion. There is an end in sight. Finishing out several projects has been and will be a top priority. After being in this town for over 5 years (6 summers for those counting), consideration of a time beyond my half decade home is bittersweet. Moving onto the next step in my life will be exciting, interesting, and of course a bit daunting. Where to go? Where can I go? Where do I want to be? What do I want to be? The endless questioning of any student in their last year of study. I can remember the constant questions each time I reached the precipice. It is understandable.
My girl, Kim, is at such a junction this week. She is graduating from A&M with a unique double-major combination of Psychology and Entomology. Although I joke with her plenty asking if she will be asking insects how they feel for a living, she is very interesting in a field in which both are in play, Epidemiology. Towards this, she is also searching options and looking for a great program to enroll into, while getting practical experience in the mean time.
Before all of that, though, is the task of graduation and moving out. I have found myself lucky in not having had to move in my time here. It has been exceedingly convenient that the apartment I got after rolling into town with my U-haul has been reasonably priced in my tenure here. I do not relish the task when it comes, to determine what stays and goes in my apartment in the transition to the next place. My mother has told me that I should just toss most of my apartment furniture (as it all looks like a college student's furniture). I'll consider it. I guess I will also have to get used to dressing nicely again. Such are the challenges of life. Time to step up and deal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We're excited to find out where you will end up too! Hopefully a little closer to home (Cincinnati, that is)!
I agree that Cincy would be a nice place to land... but I'm also OK if you end up near a beach & have plenty of guest rooms for your nephews & nieces to visit.
I will certainly not put Cincinnati out of my field of looking. It would be nice to be in the area. Sure would make visiting easier. :) Beach would be nice, too.
Psychology and Entomology ... explains why bugs do the things they do?
Post a Comment