There are times in your life where things are not changing. They can be any length of time, days, hours, months, decades. There are times that give us the feeling that life could somehow stretch on infinitely in just the same way they are at that moment. I think our brains allow us to shut out the distractions in order to allow us to think. I imagine that you considered how things change all the time you would go crazy.
The reason I bring this up, besides being personally near a transition time in my life, is that I feel once again that I have re-learned three life lessons: 1) Change is a constant in life 2)If you do not stay ahead of the curve, you're falling behind 3) Life is finite for me. Connecting these three has been the center of my recent musings. For instance, if one simply stuffs their money in a sack for safe keeping, it is probably better than spending it all when you have it. However, doing this for your entire life will get you no where and nothing. Putting your money to use is the best idea. This could be investing the money in a venture, product, or a bank.
This also holds true with your time here on earth. Though you cannot know when you'll die and years can see to stretch on forever in front of you, the do not. As much as I have felt some of my years in Graduate school have drifted towards being in the category of idle years, I think they were not unduly spent. In the end I will have a degree. If I have a job remains to be seen. The job market for chemists/biochemists is not fantastic. I think my investigation of this will be fun , scary, and interesting.
Back to the grind... :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I know what you mean! But before you know what's happened another year has gone by and you wonder what you've done with it. It makes us focus so that the time we're given is not wasted on the passing but on the eternal.
Post a Comment